Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Seth is 4 Today - April 1st!

We just finished his cake. Seth loves to help me in the kitchen so we did it together - a great birthday treat for him. We got the idea for the cake out of a book Scotty's mom recently sent me. Her sister Carol sent it to her when Scotty and his brother Mark were little boys.


Seth and I used a cake mix and baked it in a standard 13 x 9 pan. Then we cut up the baked cake into the shapes we needed. We then assembled them into our basic rocket shape.

Way to go Seth!

Glueing the cake pieces together with frosting.

Frosted and decorated. We took some liberties on the decorations as Seth isn't a fan of the licorice and gumdrops suggested in the book. Faith and Christy made the US flag for him.

The book suggested red licorice for the engines, but we thought it would be very fun to put his four candles there and light up his cake for lift off tonight!

2 comments:

Romany said...

Oh those look like realy nice memories you are creating for Seth.

Keith Robertson said...

Oh the memories, my mom had that book when I was growing up. If I remember, there's a recipe called 7 minute icing in the backof the book. Yummmmmmm.

Hi Joelyn, Kristen gave me your website and it was great to see you and your wonderful family.

I see that your husband is in the military. I know you started out at the AFA but I never heard how long you stayed in.

I am conducting my own little www reunion this week as I won't be in Ely this summer. The website that Carrie and Danielle set up is great if you haven't been there yet.

I play keyboards for the Army band. My wife and I currently live in Germany, we have three daughters and one son. You're welcome to drop by www.keithrob.com to see a picture or two.

Take care,

Keith